UPAAGLA’s principal MISSION is to link, build, network, and sustain lifelong relationships amongst alumni from various UP schools, particularly those residing in the Greater Los Angeles area.
- UPAAGLA seeks to foster fellowship and to unite in order to plan, promote, develop, and coordinate the implementation of UP oriented projects and programs.
- UPAAGLA offers assistance to UP and supports funding for scholarships, professiorial chairs, endowment, and the liking.
- UPAAGLA recognizes alumni for both their individual and collective accomplishments and services.
- UPAAGLA dovetails its activities, shares its resources and ideas, and participates with the UPAAA, regional groups (e.g., FASO), constituency groups (e.g., fraternities, sororities, etc.) and student groups (UP Mixed Chorus, et al.).
- UPAAGLA provides social, civic, and career networking for alumni residing in the Greater Los Angeles area.
The VISION of UPAAGLA is to enlighten UP Alumni in the Greater Los Angeles area and elsewhere to share their current resources, talents, and efforts with their Alma Mater, cognizant that with the gifts they receive come the responsibility to give back and support the University at large.