EVENTS FOR 2016
EVENTS FOR 2015
EVENTS FOR 2014
Participating in Events connects you — as you reach out to others.
EVENTS FOR 2013
- Sep 7-8, 2013 – UPAAGLA Booth at the Philippine-American Expo at the LA Convention Center to promote the organization and to sell t-shirts and other souvenirs.
- August 24, 2013 -UPAAGLA induction of officers and directors at THE LA Hotel Downtown in Los Angeles CA from 7:00 PM to 12:00 midnight. Key note speaker was Dr. Luis (Chito) Calingo, president of Woodbury University.
- July 13, 2013 Saturday, 11AM – 4PM / Mini Retreat: Discussed goals for the next 2 years and appointed chair persons for specific committees. Gancayco Residence 2021 Palos Verdes Drive West Palos Verdes Estates, CA 90274
- June 30, 2013 – Sunday, 1pm / DIscuss Officers & BOD 2013-2015 induction. The Cafe Meeting Room (1st Floor), Silver Lake Medical Center 1711 West Temple Street Los Angeles, CA 90026.
- June 30, 2013 – Sunday 7 PM “All Together Now”, a concert sponsored by UPAAGLA at the Ford Amphitheater on the occasion of the 100 years of founding of UP Alumni and the 50th year of founding of UP Madrigal Singers
- June 15, 2013 – UPAAGLA Annual General Meeting from 10am – 2pm at Silver Lake Medical Center, 6th Floor, 1711 W Temple St, Los Angeles, CA 90026. Election of officers and appointment of directors for the 2013-2015 term took place.
- March 20, 2013 – UPAAGLA received the letter of determination from the IRS that it is exempt from federal income tax under Article 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- February 2013 – UPAAGLA filed an Application for Tax Exempt Status under 501 C 3 of the Internal Revenue Code with the IRS.
- January 17, 2013 – By Laws of UPAAGLA officially signed by all directors.
EVENTS FOR 2012
- December 7, 2012 – Roaring 20’s Christmas party at the Mayflower with Consul General Hellen Barbers in attendance.
- November 13, 2012 – UPAAGLA signed the Memorandum of Agreement creating a $10,000 UPAAGLA scholarship at the UP Mindanao. UP Mindanao signed the document on November 21, 2012. The UP Board of Regents acknowledged the donation of UPAAGLA on February 28, 2013.
- October 20, 2012 – UPAAGLA jointly with UPSILON held a Testimonial Luncheon for Ed Espiritu.
- September 16, 2012 – UPAAGLA participated in Manny Many Prizes at the Universal Studios.
- September 8-9, 2012 – UPAAGLA participated in the Los Angeles Fil Am Expo at the LA Convention Center.
- August 23, 2012 – UPAAGLA jointly with the Rotary Historic Filipino Town honored Luis Maria Calingo with an Outstanding Leadership Award.
- July 28, 2012 – UPAAGLA supported the FASO concert at the Ford Amphitheater.
- July 22, 2012 – UPAAGLA supported the concert of UP Madrigal alumnus Noel Alcala at Envision Center.
- June 23, 2012 – UPAAGLA supported the UPSILON concert at the United Community Church in Glendale.
- June 22, 2012 – UPAAGLA supported the APO dinner dance and fund raiser at the Mayflower.
- May 24, 2012 – UPAAGLA jointly with Rotary Historic Filipino Town played host to the new UP LB Chancellor who was a no show at the testimonial affair.
- May 17, 2012 – UPAAGLA hosted UP Concert Chorus with a dinner at the Tugade Residence.
- March 30, 2012 – UPAAGLA produced An Evening of Original Pilipino Music at Noypitz which was our second major source of funds . We presented the best of UP’s Musical Talents.
- February 21, 2012 – Articles of Incorporation of UPAAGLA acknowledged by the Secretary of State.
- January 6,. 2012 – UPAAGLA filed its Articles of Incorporation with the CA Secretary of State.
EVENTS FOR 2011
- December 11, 2011 – HATS OFF TO U.P. – A Christmas Party for UP alumni and friends at the Golden Coast Buffet Restaurant – 2223 Commonwealth, Alhambra, CA from 5:00 pm to 12:00 midnight
- November 13, 2011 – co-sponsored concert of UPAAGLA director and UP alumnus of the College of Music, Sal Malaki at the Celebrity Center International in Hollywood
- October 15, 2011 – promoted concert of UP Alumnus of the College of Music, Jonathan Badon – POPOPERA – at the Ford Amphitheater in Hollywood
- September 24-25, 2011 – Fil-Am Expo at Los Angeles Convention Center – UPAAGLA conducted membership drive, free blood pressure and blood screening for UP alumni with the help of UP Nursing Association, UPAAGLA sold UP t-shirts, UP mugs
- September 18, 2011 -UPAAGLA officers and directors hosted UP Mindanao Chancellor Gilda Rivero at the Silverlake Medical Center
- August 27, 2011 -UPAAGLA induction of officers and directors at the Los Angeles Marriott Downtown Hotel
- June 18, 2011 -UPAAGLA Election of Officers and Directors held at Silverlake Medical Center – 1711 W Temple St. LA CA 90026 with UP Los Banos Chancellor Luis Rey Velasco as guest speaker and inducting officer
- February 19, 2011 -Barona Casino Trip – casino trip to Barona for camaraderie and fund raising